My 10 favourite memories of GJS Dillon – Lynne Davies reflects on her careerNovember 2020
After 10 years of working at GJS Dillon as our Practice Manager, Lynne Davies has retired. We asked her to share 10 of her favourite memories during her career with us:
- Setting up systems from scratch was really rewarding. When setting up the business with John Dillon I was able to utilise the best of the systems from any of my previous roles and adapt these to the best advantage for John and I to give us the most efficient processes going forward.
- Being a vital member of a company where my opinion was always sought and considered.
- Enjoying the successes of the business, but conversely commiserating any failures and hopefully learning from them.
- Bringing on board further members of staff at the appropriate time for the business. I made sure that their abilities and temperament were ideal for the role they were taking on and ensuring a good working relationship with other members of staff.
- Revelling in the expansion of the company following the merger with Guise Jones Sawyer which reflected our name change from JP Dillon to GJS Dillon and the further expansion when we merged with JWL Fellows.
- Coordinating various company events throughout the 10 years including the celebrations of our mergers, corporate events such as golf days and taking a stand at the Worcestershire LEP Conference.
- Setting up new office premises from our first small single office in New Road, Bromsgrove occupied by just John and I. We then set up two further offices in Bromsgrove and then a Worcester office (formerly occupied by Guise Jones Sawyer). We finally moved to the current fully inclusive office in Droitwich where we were able to bring all of the team together. It was great to see the end result – a much more satisfying and efficient working environment.
- Working with external suppliers on our website, marketing and social media to improve the company profile, which was extremely successful.
- Being with a company where making a profit is obviously a goal but the satisfaction of the staff is paramount to the smooth running of the business.
- And finally, working with a fantastic bunch of people whom I will miss greatly!
John Dillon, GJS Dillon’s Managing Director says ‘Setting up a business from scratch takes a great deal of dedication and hard work. From day one, Lynne just rolled up her sleeves and got on with it and GJS Dillon wouldn’t be the success it is today without her efforts. Needless to say we’ll miss her a great deal and wish her a long and happy retirement’
For further information regarding GJS Dillon’s services contact 01905 676169
With offices in Bromsgrove, Droitwich and Worcester, GJS Dillon was the Estates Gazette’s ‘Most Active Agent in Worcestershire’ award winner for 2019. 2020 marks the 10th anniversary since the company was established. It offers a comprehensive commercial property service, including commercial agency, acquisition and business relocation, commercial property management, valuations and landlord and tenant rent reviews, and unrivalled geographical coverage, throughout Worcestershire and along the M5 and A38 corridors.Return to News